Friday, November 5, 2010

Hello !
Liyana here.

 Cambodia was awesome and enjoyable. I thought it was only going to be a lot of hard work but it turns out to be fun and exciting. The laughters,the fun and the sillyness when we were painting the murals and some of us got paint over their shoes. >.< *covering face*

1) What I learnt about myself
2) What I learnt about the Cambodia trip
3) What I learnt about my friends

1) I learnt how to be responsible. By drinking a bottle twice a day(water parade) and making sure that my room mates are well taken care of.For example when Bridget fell sick. I quickly alerted the teachers and asked her to take a bath. I learnt how to be responsible for my valuables. That day, I totally forgotten that I left my phone in the luggage but I keep thinking to myself that it was on the table. I was worried sick the whole day as it was the only way that I can communicate with my family and it is something valuable to me. when we went to our room, I hurried and checked but thank goodness it was in my luggage. If not, I'll die. X.X  Upon looking at the children in Cambodia, I feel blessed with my life. I have everything.clothes,food, etc. I learnt how to be humble and not take things for granted. I'm happy with what I have now. ((:

2) My thoughts of Cambodia was that it was a hot and dry city but it turns to be windy. when we first step out from the plane, the temperature was 19 degrees. so cold ~ The people there are also very kind & friendly. for example,when we were going to the school, we waved outside of the bus window and they smiled and waved back. and when we were at the school/farm orphanage, they were the first one to interact with us knowing that we were shy.The country is a nice place eventhough it is a poor country. There is this hero named Aki Ra, he defused all the land mines in Cambodia. He does this so that the country is safe for the cambodians to live in. If not, they'll fear when they walked in the jungle and anywhere else. The people there were willing to bargain eventhough it is over their rate. They still smiled knowing that we would buy their stuffs.

3) I learnt that my friends are more helpful and caring. When we were tired after painting the murals for 123456789 hours, they were willing to take turns and help. I've known them better through the activities we did in Cambodia. Laughters, jokes & silly-ness. If we did not have our friends to do the tasks with us, we would be alone, no laughter,no jokes and no fun but of course we must do the tasks seriously.

I wanna say thanks to the teachers who have been guiding me for the last few days.

Well, that the end.  ((:

written by,
Nur Liyana ( Group 4 )

©Copyrighted
All rights reserved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment