Saturday, November 6, 2010

REFLECTION :D

Hello (: 
I'm here to write the reflection about our trip to Cambodia .
I think the trip was way too memorable and awesome (: 

- 1 thing that i've learnt about myself
One thing i've learnt about myself is to be independent. It is my first time leaving my parents and go to somewhere which is totally like a stranger to me. Cambodia is not the same as Singapore , whereby we can contact our parents easily. At there , we have to take care of ourselves , keeping ourselves fit so as to continue to help the people there. Every morning and evening , we have our water parade whereby we must finish 1 bottle of water and i think it's great . So that we can keep ourselves hydrate and will not fall sick easily. I've also learnt to take care of my things. As i said , Cambodia isn't the same as Singapore. We can't just left our things anywhere we like. We must be responsible enough to take care of our own belongings to prevent it from missing . 


- 1 thing i've learnt about the Cambodians
One thing i've learnt about the Cambodians is that they are very friendly , like seriously , they are super friendly. When we were on our way to the school , i waved to the people living there. Surprising , they waved back to me. Andand , they have a positive mindset. Although they were living in such conditions , having low incomes etc. But they have an positive mindset which kept them living happily everyday. I remembered that when i first stepped into the classroom , the kids actually stood up and greet us. I was shocked. They really impressed me with their politeness and their attitude towards learning. The kids learn things really fast , seriously. I also can tell that the kids enjoyed our lesson as they really gave us their 10% attention. Like when any of us speaks , they will just keep their mouth shut and listen to us. I think if the Cambodia kids were given a chance to study in Singapore , i guess they really can get good grades. Their attitude towards learning really impressed me and i should learn from them. (: 


- 1 thing i've learnt about my friends 
One thing i've learnt about my friends is that we can't judge a book by its cover. Some of our friends may seems to be cold and heartless. But actually all of us are very helpful. When we go to a place which is like a stranger to us , we will be more bonded and help each other. They are not selfish who only cared for themselves. We help each other when one of us needed help. Like when we were at Krobei . We painted the wall and built the insulator. For the wall : we can't complete it without any of our friend's help . We can't complete it in a few days. If we were to complete ourselves , i guess we'll need a very long time. For the insulator : we need people to help us bring the bricks over to the people and we also need people to mix the cement. This shows that we can do everything together. Everything is possible with each others help. This also teach me that teamwork is something very important. 
This trip to Cambodia had benefited us a lot and made us to know each other more. We also learnt a lot of things that our textbooks can't teach us. Thank you everyone who made this trip a memorable one for me (: 

Josephine , Group 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment