Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reflection trip to CAMBODIA, SIEM REAP~

Hell-o~ Well firstly i want to say that i thoughrougly enjoyed the entire trip! I am missing every bit of Siem reap from the tall temples to the kind and friendly locals. What i don't miss... is the curry..

*FLASH BACK*

When i first got to know that the sec 2's were able to go to cambodia to do a CIP kind of thing, i seriously did not felt like going AT ALL. Well i guess it was because i thought it would be strenuos and stuffs... I thought it would be muddy and stinky and we would have to live in wooden houses with bugs all around us...
Guess i was wrong.

*PRESENT*

Now i shall share what i learned. Firstly the people there are seriously freindly, like super friendly. I bet if foreigners came to Singapore, we would'nt give them the same treatment as the cambodians did. When we were in the bus going around the city, i suddenly saw a boy approximately my age, on a motor-cycle. LIKE HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! Well, it was possible... =.= Basically in Cambodia, you can get a motor-cycle when you are at the age of 16, so, good for them. Secondly, the tpur guide also mentioned something about Pol Pot and his EVIL doings. He caused alot of pain and suffering to the Cambodians during that time, 70% of cambodians who can read and write were wiped out because of this evil person... He kinda reminds me of hitler...

What i learned about myself... Hmmm thats a good question that i wish i had the answer. No la, basically i found out that i actually do want to help the less fortunate people at Siem Reap. I found out that i actually know how to entertain kids and i surprisingly enjoyed teaching them nursery ryhmes to them. I also found out that i drink water super slowly... Whenever a teacher initiated the water parade, i would be like "Oh My GOSH... Not again...", so ya, thats basically what i learned about myself :)

Finally, what i learned about my friends. I found out that you shouldn't judge people by how they look. For an example some people look really nice and freindly and cool on the outside but are actually really evil in the inside, however some people who are not really physically attractive on the outside are actually the one that would be your life partner... Who knows? Only way to find out is to make friends... I made tons of new friends in this trip,e.g. Winston, Darius, Zi guang, girlguides people, etc... I found Winston to be a really "BLUR" kind of person, not in a bad way, but it actually makes other people feel happier in a way...

Thats all folks! Enjoy your holidays!

REFLECTION DONE BY: NIGEL TAY


No comments:

Post a Comment