Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yaw people! Wenxuan here! Here's my reflection.(:

 -What i learnt about myself:
One thing that i learnt about myself is that we should appreciate what we have and never take things for granted. Before i went to Cambodia, whenever i enter a dirty and wet toilet, i would complaint ALOT! But at Cambodia, they hardly have clean toilets and their toilets didn't have lights! There was no one to clean the toilets in Cambodia too! Compared to our dirty toilets, Cambodia's toilet is in a much worst condition. So i learn that we should appreciate what is given to us. In this case for example, we should appreciate our toilets be it dirty or small. Because there are many countries out there that hardly have clean toilets too. Also, I learnt that i can teach little kids and make a layer of cement wall! I thought that i could never be able to teach people as i thought that i would be shy to speak in front of so many children. But when i went in the classroom filled of little kids for the FIRST time, I got so happy and hyper! I spoke out and teach them so nursery rhymes! I enjoyed myself alot! :D I didn't know that i could ever do jobs such as building toilets using cement. But when i tried it out the very first time, i grew to like it even though my hand was tired. And i gradually got a hang of it and i think i did quite a good job for a first timer! :D HEHEHEHE! ^^

-What i learnt about my friends:
I learnt that everyone is special in their own way! :D I made many new friends during the cambodia trip! :D Many of them were very friendly and super funny! xD I realise that Nigel is not is actually a SUPER FUNNY guy! :D :D He always do actions that is normal to him but SUPER funny to us! :D Do not judge a book by its cover. Though Nigel MAY look like an innocent and serious boy, he is actually very nice and humorous inside (: I also learnt that Halim and JunYang is VERY noisy in the night! Every time in the hotel, me and Zoe would hear many banging sound from upstairs. Halim claims that "He walk with his heels!"....... xP WOW! Did you know that when the people living in the room above you throw something on the table or bang the bed, the people living below could actually hear it! And almost every night, when JY and Halim watch wrestling, they would bang on the bed and Zoe and i could hear. Did ya all know that ZhiGuang and Joshua are also funny people?! They are actually very friendly and funny too! But they don't show it out. But once you get close with them, you'll see their TRUE colours~ :D I remember the buffet dinner on the last night. Me, Sarah, HuiYan, Josephine, HuiYu, Nigel, Joshua, ZhiGuang, Darius and JY sat together. We were laughing for the WHOLE entire dinner time! xD They were all cracking jokes, including ZhiGuang and Joshua! (: There are many sides of a boy that you will discover if you are close with them. Be shock by who they are because that is the real them. (:

-What i learnt about Cambodia:
I learnt that the people in Cambodia do not deserve our pity... What they truly deserve is our love, respect and we ought to look UP to them. (: They do not need our pity because i feel that even though they are poor and are living in poor conditions, they are still leading a happy life! Some are even more happy than us! They appreciate what they have, even though its not prefect. They treasure their lives! Unlike some of us, we do not appreciate what is in front of us and we do not like our lives even though it is almost prefect. Also, they know how to grow crops and they know how to make use of what they have to try and make money. This truly deserve  us to look up to them! (: We should LOVE the little kids at the orphanage wholeheartedly. They are innocent little ones that for some reason, ended up at the Farm Orphanage and they do not know what they did wrong. When they needed the love, no kins were around for them. But if every year, we could go down to the Farm Orphanage and shower them with some love, i'm sure they will appreciate it and that's what they really need. One's love (: We should respect all the Cambodians because without them, we won't have rice to eat and we wouldn't have enjoyed the trip so much! (: Also, I realise that most of the people in Cambodia are very friendly (: At the night market, even though we bargain till we get one for one dollar, they may feel upset inside, but they still put on a big wide smile and thank us. (: I think this is something good to learn. (:


I really LOVE the Cambodia CIP and i wish to go back again! (: I could never forget the people in Cambodia, not to mention all of our friends who went too (: I miss Cambodia..

Love♥,
WenXuan(:

No comments:

Post a Comment