Monday, November 8, 2010

Hola. :D Wanyi here.


One thing i learnt about myself
I learnt that people really shouldn't take things for granted. Like our clean water, we bathed, wash hands, drink, and everything without thinking that what if 1 day we ran out of clean water ? How is everyone going to survive. Before I went to Cambodia, I really never think of all these. I used water like nobody's business. Until I went to Cambodia, seeing them have to work to get their own water (water pump), I felt really ashamed. Also, I realised that I can actually be a construction worker. :D I never knew that so much effort is actually put in to build even a small incinerator, a toilet. What about houses then ? I must really admire construction workers. 


One thing i learnt about my friends
I learnt that many of my friends actually have hidden potential. Some could really build up the bricks nicely and firm, some could really paint real well, and of course, to teach the little kids too. They are like really transformed into a little teacher once they step into the classroom. It amazed me that how people could actually have hidden talents which they might not have a chance to discover and work on it.


One thing i learnt about Cambodia
I realised that Cambodians are really welcoming and friendly. Just by sitting on the bus travelling to the school, on the way, people who saw us, will turn and look at us smiling or waving. Its really heart-warming to see people being so friendly to you even if its the first time you see them. At the Farm Orphanage, the little kids really touched my heart. How they are so much better than us. How positive they look at their lives. How brave those kids really are. Even though our lives are much better then them, have a comfortable home, parents that cared for you, warm beds, they really lived their life better than us. They never give up & keep learning when they faced any set back. We should really really learn from them.


Bye ! 
Chia Wanyi, 
Group 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment