Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reflection

Hi :) 


I'm here to share about my experience in Cambodia. I really enjoyed myself very much in this CIP trip as I did not expect the trip to be so fun and also an eye-opening experience for me. The things that  I missed in Cambodia are the very beautiful scenery that cannot be found in Singapore and also the friendly locals. 


One thing that I have learned about myself  
I learned to be more adaptable during the trip in Cambodia. Cambodia unlike Singapore , do not have my favourite Chinese food. So I learn to adapt and eat the food that is provided for us there. Besides that , I  also adapt to the things I need to do there like painting the mural as I do not have confidence in art . So I  just give my best and do the task that have been assigned to me. As going to Cambodia isn't the same as Singapore, there are no clean water that are safe to drink from the tap. So every time I brush my teeth, I need to use mineral water, which can be troublesome. This also tells me that I am very lucky to live in Singapore, which have clean water.


One thing that I have learned about Cambodia 
One thing that I have learn about Cambodia is that the locals there are very friendly. Most of the locals never failed to smile and  wave to us. This can be seen especially in the village that the school is in , as most  of  them smile and wave to us as over bus pass their house. The children there are also very cute and so alot of us took alot of pictures with them, especially when we visit to the farm orphanage  as start to make friends with them. I am very surprise that they lived in a positive mindset  even though they live in a poor country and do not have gadgets like handphones and PSP  and those living in the farm orphanage  do not even know their parents  but they still lives happily. From this , I really learned that I am very lucky that have those gadgets but still complaining  not having the latest technology. Besides ,they are very polite and have positive attitude in studying as I got a chance to teach there. This is also a wake up call  to me to study hard and also be more polite to my teacher in school as they treat us politely and standup and greet us as we enter the class, event though some are the same age as us.


One thing that I learned about my friends
One thing that i learned about my friends is that we should never judge a book by its cover.  Those friends who are playful and also disturb  in school really surprise me as  they let me see the other side of them, who are kind, friendly and helpful. When we  go to unfamiliar place like the school , I feel more bonded to my friends as we do the task , do everything TOGETHER . As  we are doing the task, we were never alone as we built ,paint , teach and play together. From this, it also remind me that teamwork is very important as without teamwork, it  won't get us anywhere as I see from the building of the incinerator and toilet and also painting of the mural on the wide wall. With teamwork, everything is possible.
This trip to Cambodia benefit not only me but all of us that go on the trip and also made us bond together even more than before. This trip is a very memorable trip to me and it will forever be  etched  in my memory and also let us learn a lot of things that is not taught in textbook.


 Samuel  (Group2)  







No comments:

Post a Comment